turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Nrgualda
Returning Member

I need help fixing my taxes now not wait until the 26th, its your systems fault i couldnt finish and when i got back on it said it was filed.. i need to fix this now??

I need help fixing this now now wait even more to get a form to amend when this wasnt even my fault.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I need help fixing my taxes now not wait until the 26th, its your systems fault i couldnt finish and when i got back on it said it was filed.. i need to fix this now??

What happened?   Did you e-file?   Did you click that big orange button that said "Transmit my returns now?"   Or did you just log out and then are you getting some message that says you "filed?"   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Nrgualda
Returning Member

I was trying to find some documents and get the correst numbers for my federal taxes and got kicked but i couldt log back in until later and during that time it just filed somehow. I even got an email saying i filed my taxes and i didnt get to even finish

If you clicked that button--even by accident--- then you will have to wait for the return to be rejected or accepted.   No one can click that button except the user---so somehow you clicked it.   If the return is rejected you will be able to go back into the return and make corrections.     If it somehow gets accepted then you are going to have to wait until the IRS processes it so that you can amend.  Sorry.

Right now is it in "pending" if you e-filed it:

MY RETURN IS IN PENDING—what does that mean?

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending. If your return is rejected you will be able to make corrections before re-filing.

The IRS just began accepting/rejecting 2020 returns on Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until mid-February or later to arrive.   And watch your spam folder too.   There are a LOT of e-files on servers so it may be several days after the IRS opens before you get an email.  There are so many returns waiting —kind of like trying to put the ocean through a garden hose.  

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

A state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Nrgualda
Returning Member

It got accepted and until yesterday my state was pending but they are both accepted so i guess i wait, but ive been trying since the 12 to fix it but i guess all can do is wait.. i just dont want to get into any problems with the irs or any thing for not having all my correct information on my taxes

@Nrgualda Frustrating as it is----you are among many people who made an inadvertent mistake on your tax return that needs to be fixed.   You will not be "in trouble" as long as you amend to correct the mistake when the Form 1040X becomes available ---they are now saying it will be in late March.   Post back for help amending after your return has been processed by the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies