rustypig1

I made roughly $400 from Scentsy as an independent consultant. How do I claim this on taxes? Do I claim this?

JessMT

I believe that you don't have to file unless you make over $600. I do doordash occasionally, but was told it didn't need to be filed if I made less than $600.

ColeenD3

Your income is reported on Schedule C. All income, no matter what the amount, must be reported. If the amount is less than $400, you will not be subject to SE taxes. The $600 figures applies to the necessity of issuing a 1099-Misc to a contractor, not including it in your own tax return.

You can use the Deluxe version if you do not have any expenses. Otherwise, you will need to upgrade to the Self-Employed version.