turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scotthwerden
Returning Member

I made prepayments to my 2016 taxes and Turbo entered those on line 64 rather than line 65 of the 1040 form and now the IRS is complaining and won't process the return.

How can I view what I entered in TT? All I can see is the 1040 form and I already know that is wrong because the IRS told me it is incorrect.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JaimeG

I made prepayments to my 2016 taxes and Turbo entered those on line 64 rather than line 65 of the 1040 form and now the IRS is complaining and won't process the return.

To review you form after it has already been filed, you must click on Add a State from your Tax Timeline. As long as you don't start the process of adding another state this will not affect your return in its current state. Once you have entered your return you will take the following path:

• Federal Taxes>Deductions and Credits>Click on I'll Choose what I work on> Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid. 

If you see an amount in-line with Estimates (first on the list) this means that you entered your items correctly in order for them to be placed in Line 65 (see Screenshot below). If an amount is reflected elsewhere this might be why your payments were reflected in Line 64 which is reserved for Federal Withholdings reported on forms such as W2, 1099, and others. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302050

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JaimeG

To review you form after it has already been filed, you must click on Add a State from your Tax Timeline. As long as you don't start the process of adding another state this will not affect your return in its current state. Once you have entered your return you will take the following path:

• Federal Taxes>Deductions and Credits>Click on I'll Choose what I work on> Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid. 

If you see an amount in-line with Estimates (first on the list) this means that you entered your items correctly in order for them to be placed in Line 65 (see Screenshot below). If an amount is reflected elsewhere this might be why your payments were reflected in Line 64 which is reserved for Federal Withholdings reported on forms such as W2, 1099, and others. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302050

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies