Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mruruman

I made a mistake. I need to delete few things on my federal tax information.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnC11

If you haven't successfully e-filed, simply log back in to your account and make the necessary changes.

If you've successfully e-filed, you'll need to amend your return:

•Sign in to TurboTax Online
•Choose to Amend your Federal Return
•Make your changes
•Choose to file.
?Amended returns cannot be e-filed, they have to be mailed, but you'll get instructions printed out who to get them to.

NOTE: I recommend if you were receiving/expecting a refund from your state to NOT mail your amended return until those amounts post to your account.

Doing so ensures your Federal Return does not have one e-filed return in process by their computers when an amended return enters the system being handled by a human. This prevents any issue possible that the two will cause negative impact on the other while worked on at the same time.

Whatever the difference of the amended return, they IRS will automatically calculate your prior refund send you the difference if they owe you, by check.

If this helped you, please up-vote this answer so I know you were taken care of 100%.  If we need to work together further to get it resolved, please comment...if I don't reply shortly, I will when I return to my desk.

I'm here to help.

gericonerly1
Returning Member

I didn't understand the question about the 600 dollar stimulus check which I did receive I think I put no on that question, which it seems my refund is 600 to much.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

If you have already filed your your 2020 return, you can retrieve it to review and update, by entering your information here by February 6.  TurboTax will have your 2020 tax return sent back to you. 

For more information please see the  following TurboTax article:  I've already claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit. How can I review and update my 2020 tax return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies