I’m trying to track my refund on the IRS site trac...

bigtim78cwb

I’m trying to track my refund on the IRS site track my refund and it keeps telling me I’m putting in the wrong information and I am not. What can I do about this?

BrandiLO

Please wait at least 24-48 hours after your return has been accepted by the IRS to check your status on  www.irs.gov/refunds.

If there is no record of your return, or the system says the information is wrong, please make sure you are entering the correct social security number, filing status, and refund amount.

To verify your refund amount:

If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 20a.

If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 73a.

If you filed a Form 1040NR-EZ, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 23a.

If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 13a.

If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 13a.

To verify your filing status:

If you filed a Form 1040, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.

If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Boxes 1 through 6.

If you filed a Form 1040NR-EZ, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Boxes 1 through 2.

If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1 Line 1.

If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1 Line 1.

If you are unable to track your refund on the IRS refund tool despite confirming your information is correct, please click here for some more tips. 

Jetheridge61

I'm trying to track my return and the IRS tells me there's no record of it being filed by anyone

Corrierasmussen

Same thing here been past 21 days

ChondelLO

This happens from time to time when a return is being processed.

If you have re-entered the information, ensuring an accurate refund dollar amount, filing status and social security number, yet continue to receive that message, please continue to check the status of your return using the Where's My Refund? tool located at the IRS website, which updates daily. 

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My ...