turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm dumb, Entered the wrong Stimulus form

So I got impatient (my wife is out of work) and entered the thing for the Non FILERS stimulus thing.  From what i see, it creates a 1040 for us.  

My wife is self employed, so she has all those fancy forms.  I assume that I would just have to re-enter our taxes as Amended and go from there?  I mailed in our taxes 3 weeks ago and they haven't processed them yet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Since you mailed your return in a few weeks ago, there is a chance that the mailed return may be rejected as a duplicate submission and you will need to resubmit the initial return again as an amendment.  That's because computers, not humans, process the majority of those forms - even the ones mailed in and it won't understand what has taken place. 

Just keep a copy of those handy in case that happens, and feel free to call us if you get that notice so that we can help you to prepare the amended return necessary to get the "fancy forms" properly documented with the Form 1040X.

It doesn't make you dumb - these things happen - and we will be glad to assist you further when the time comes.  I'm sorry that you're wife is currently out of work - I hope things turn around for you soon.  Stay safe!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Since you mailed your return in a few weeks ago, there is a chance that the mailed return may be rejected as a duplicate submission and you will need to resubmit the initial return again as an amendment.  That's because computers, not humans, process the majority of those forms - even the ones mailed in and it won't understand what has taken place. 

Just keep a copy of those handy in case that happens, and feel free to call us if you get that notice so that we can help you to prepare the amended return necessary to get the "fancy forms" properly documented with the Form 1040X.

It doesn't make you dumb - these things happen - and we will be glad to assist you further when the time comes.  I'm sorry that you're wife is currently out of work - I hope things turn around for you soon.  Stay safe!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies