I live in Wisconsin. Do i need to amend my taxes to get the unemployment tax refund? I already have my tax refund?

No. Your Wisconsin return included the necessary unemployment income changes when you filed. See the Wisconsin Department of Revenue news page for more information.

No it did not. I filed right away. Before any of this was even taking place

@carrie-campagna wrote:

Did you read the statement from the Wisconsin Department of Revenue? - https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/TaxPro/2021/news-2021-ARP-Impact.aspx

The federal American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (Public Law 117-2), signed into law on March 11, 2021, allows an exclusion of up to $10,200 of unemployment compensation (UC) on the 2020 federal income tax return. This federal law does not apply for Wisconsin tax purposes.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing