I just submitted my taxes and noticed I entered the wrong county for my residence. What should I do

alo14001

MicheleR

Since you have already filed your return you will have to wait until the IRS "Accepts", or "Rejects" your return. 

If your return is "Accepted" you will have to amend your return and correct any errors. If your return is "Rejected",  you can fix the errors and resubmit your tax return.

This may impact your State Return as well. You can "Amend" the state with your Federal Return.

See TurboTax FAQ: How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

gidali330

The IRS accepted my tax return and it said I was supposed to receive it on the 02/17/2020. When I woke up this morning I looked at my checking account and it was not there. So I started looking over my tax information and realized I put in the wrong County. The problem I'm having is TurboTax is not allowing me to amend my taxes does this mean that my taxes are pending?

TiffanyL

If you entered the wrong county, but have already submitted your e-file, you would have to wait until your return is either Accepted or Rejected to fix it. I have provided 2 links below to assist you. One is for fixing a rejected return and the other is for amending a return. If your return is accepted, you would want to amend your return.

How to fix a rejected return

How to amend your 2019 TurboTax Online return