turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does it mean when your bars disappear

My bars disappear but it still says processing a refund date will be displayed with possible .
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies

It simply means that the graphic display bar is missing.  Contrary to popular belief, it is not a signal of trouble with your return.  It simply means your return has been accepted by the IRS and is currently being processed.

mjjuicey

Ok, I lost my bars as well, but I'm getting the same exact message, minus the topic 152 thing.. what do you think that means?? I'm confused cause I filled EIC...??

@mjjuicey The topic 152 shows for people expecting a direct deposit of their refund, if you are awaiting a paper check you will not see that topic.
mjjuicey

Ok, I filed electronically and have it set up to be  direct deposited in my bank.. like I have been doing for the last 9 years.. so hmmm I wonder why I didn't get the topic thing.. should I feel concerned??

This comment section will not allow a photo upload so look for my response in the Answer segment below.

@mjjuicey Does your WMR show this screen?

mjjuicey

Yes
mjjuicey

Can you see the picture I just sentb

No it says your refund is still processing
mjjuicey

This is my email <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:mjjuicey@gmail.com">mjjuicey@gmail.com</a> can you email me on this account so I can send you the picture

Typically, if there are any problems there will be a notifier on the screen once the problem is identified.  Keep an eye on the page, there is no need to check WMR more often than once a day as it updates daily in the wee hours of morning so a check at 8 AM Eastern Time will show the same as a check at 8 PM that same day.  You may see one of the following codes: Tax Topic 151, 152, 203 etc. There should be instructions or a clickable link highlighted in blue to select for more information.  It could be a glitch in the system at this point, I would not be concerned unless that topic changes or you receive a letter from the IRS via postal mail.  Please, please remember that the United States Internal Revenue Service will NOT call you and they will NOT email you!

@mjjuicey   My email is <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:somethingaboutmary@live.com">somethingaboutmary@live.com</a>

I JUST RECIEVED THE EXACT SAME SCREEN WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

@immyshasmith1   Which screen?  The PATH or the simple processing with no graphic bar?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies