ohmakami

I just received the second stimulus check in the mail today 2/6/21, what do I do if I already filed for the tax rebate.

Previously I was advised to not file for the rebate if I did not receive the check before the end of January 2021, should I deposit the check or do I have to wait to amend my return?
LenaH

You can deposit your stimulus check and do not have to amend your tax return. Since the IRS has not opened yet, you have the opportunity to review and update the Recovery Rebate Credit portion of your 2020 tax return before they open on February 12th. 

If you want to review and update your 2020 return, please enter your information here by February 6, to have your 2020 tax return sent back to you.  You will then receive an email from TurboTax on February 8, letting you know that your return is available and providing you with detailed instructions on how to review, update and re-file your tax return without the Recovery Rebate Credit.

ohmakami

Still havent recieved any email

Make sure to check the spam folder. 

ohmakami

Still never received any email (21m yes I checked my spam).