Solved: I just had my Windows replaced that I have a loan for, does that qualify for a break?

I just had my Windows replaced that I have a loan for, does that qualify for a break?

They are more energy efficient than the previous originals.

Yes!

[edited due to this morning's Bill passing bringing this credit back, 2.9.2018, 2:38pm]

If you make major improvements that increase the market value of your home or increase its useful life, you can add the cost of the improvement to the cost basis of your home and get the benefit when you sell.

Can I claim energy-efficient appliances or energy-saving home improvements?

The IRS doesn't let you claim Energy Star appliances or water-saving improvements like low-flow toilets, showerheads, or xeriscaping.

In addition, the federal tax credit for qualified energy-saving home improvements are solar water heaters and solar energy systems. You can still get credits for these on your federal taxes.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p530.pdf

Yes!

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p530.pdf