turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rojae2003

I just file my 2016 taxes didn't see option to save my return I need a copy

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CarolynB

I just file my 2016 taxes didn't see option to save my return I need a copy

HI. You can print or save a copy of your return by following the instructions here:

• Sign back in at www.turbotax.com from any computer with a printer
  • Once your're signed in, mouse over My TurboTax in the top left corner and click on My Tax Timeline
  • Scroll down to the Some things you can do section and select Download/print return (PDF)
  • Your return will open in Adobe Reader. Click the printer icon to open the Print window (or select Print from the File menu in the upper left corner)
  • Make any adjustments in the Print window, such as number of copies, and then click the Print button at the bottom.

When you print the "hard copy" of the return you filed, it'll include extra documentation and calculation worksheets for your files. However, it won't include W-2, 1099, or any other forms from your employer, bank, brokerage (etc.) because TurboTax didn't generate those forms. Contact the party who originally issued those forms if you need those.

If you are using the Federal Free Edition, remember to print or save your returns by October 15, as you will not have access to them after that without purchasing the PLUS upgrade.

I hope this helped. If I was helpful please let me know by voting up my answer. If you need more information or clarification you can comment back on this question.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies