Adam80

I just amended my 2019 return. why does it say that I'm getting a refund on a return that I already received the refund for back in 2019 when I originally filed?

Because I'm at the end of it and it's saying that it's going to mail my return to me. And that just has me a little confused

Then the amended return is only for the difference you get back or owe.  Make sure the original refund you got shows up on line 18.

Go by the actual 1040X.  Line 18 should be your original refund amount and line 22 should be your additional refund.  If you paid on your original return it will be on line 16.  If there is an amount owed with the amendment, it will be on line 20.

Adam80

Well I haven't finished it quite yet so it's not showing me anything in that format with the number lines and all just yet but the part where I'm confused is that on my original return in 2019 I got back $4,640 federal refund and with my amended one, it's saying that I'm going to get a refund of $4,084... That can't be right because I just added in an extra $2,000 that my wife made on self-employment income for that year that we forgot to include so if anything I would think I'll be having to pay in. Just still real confused