Jack342

I incorrectly entered the values of my economic impact payments. How do I modify those values?

I believe I was supposed to enter the sum of my economic payment and my wife's payment. However,  I only entered my payment.

Did you already file?  If you did the IRS will fix it for you.

If you have not filed yet,  

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, it will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it, you can go to Other Situations, answer any questions and click Done. The next automatic selection is Federal Review and it will ask about payments received.

If you filed a joint return you were supposed to enter the total received by the two of you as a couple.   But do not amend.   The IRS is cross checking for this common error.   The will recalculate---and reduce--- your refund, which might delay your refund.

fanfare

If you actually did both receive EIP1 and EIP2, then Form 1040 line 30 should be zero.

Refigure your tax due this way.

Amount you owe is the amount you have to pay before May 17th.