Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I import return from the prior year. In 2018 file an amended return 1040X. Should I import the 1040X from 2018 into my 2019 return or the original filling? Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DeanM15
Expert Alumni

I import return from the prior year. In 2018 file an amended return 1040X. Should I import the 1040X from 2018 into my 2019 return or the original filling? Thank you!

You should import the last return you did in 2018, the 1040X amended return. 

You need to import the return before you start the 2019 tax return. It will not work otherwise.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
VKNK
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to import an amended return of previous year after you started next year return?

@VKNK wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to import an amended return of previous year after you started next year return?

I see you started your own new thread at this link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/import-amended-return-1040x/01/2261287/h...

Please use that thread to continue any discussion to avoid redundancy and confusion.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies