sameerlawate2

I havent received my refund though it is accepted.Return was expected till last Months 17th. Yet not received

Filed Returns on TurboTax and got message that Returns are accepted  and refund would be returned to acct. till 17th Feb. 2019. Still Haven't received the refund. Please let me know the reason for the same

CassandraLO

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times. (Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit)

Other things that can delay your refund include but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets;
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information;
  • Identity fraud;
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process.

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:

Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

For the most up to date information on your refund, you can track your federal refund here: Where's My Refund? which provides your current status You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status

Related Information: