turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xenosaa

I have tried checking my state tax return status through the California website they provide, and it can't seem to find my info. It's been a couple months now. What can I

(Continuation)
What can I do to check? I am military with a military overseas address, and in order to check the status of my return, I have to enter just the numbers of my address. However, my address has this sort of format (PSC ** BOX *****, APO, AP, 96367). The '*' represent the numbers. I've tried all different kinds of formats to search my return status but it hasn't worked.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have tried checking my state tax return status through the California website they provide, and it can't seem to find my info. It's been a couple months now. What can I

Did you efile?  If so, first be sure your efiled CA return was accepted.  If prepared with Online TurboTax, log in and at the Tax Home check the efile status.

Are you able to phone the USA from your location?

You can see the phone numbers for the California FTB Customer Service on the page linked below, one of which is to be used from outside the country (won't be free) if your location doesn't allow an 800 call (also likely wouldn't be free).  I suspect the outside-country line would likely be less busy, but I don't know.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/help/contact/phone-fax.html

Hours 8AM-5PM Pacific weekdays.

xenosaa

Yes, it was approved. And no I can't call that number, I have already tried. If I try calling it doesn't go through. I'm not the only one with this issue either. Friends of mine that are stationed here, that are from California have also not received their tax returns.

From what I see on the CA FTB website, the address numbers are not an absolute requirement, nor is the zip code.

At the CA FTB refund lookup page, there are 4 data fields, but only 2 of the fields are required.

The only fields actually required for their refund lookup tool are SSN (without dashes) and refund amount (using the specific parameters they display there.)

The numbers field and zip code field are optional.    Have you tried leaving both the number field and zip code field blank, and just using the SSN and refund amount?

Or leaving the numbers field blank and entering the zip code?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies