turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

catlandis

I have to submit a copy of my 1040 tax form from 2020 for my daughter's school. The Turbotax form isn't signed and I wonder if it's legal without a signature?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have to submit a copy of my 1040 tax form from 2020 for my daughter's school. The Turbotax form isn't signed and I wonder if it's legal without a signature?

When you e-file a tax return there is no physical signature on the line that says "Sign here." If someone wants a signed copy then you get a pen and sign it in ink for them.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The copy of your tax return is "legal" without a signature. The real question isn't whether it's legal. The question is whether the school will accept it. If they complain that it's not signed, do what xmasbaby0 said.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies