turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mgl46260

I have paid my Taxes. I keep getting a bill from IRS that says I owe. They also have my name misspelled on the form .

It is not a turbo tax issue  The Irs  made the mistake. I just am not able to speek to anyone to correct the problem
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have paid my Taxes. I keep getting a bill from IRS that says I owe. They also have my name misspelled on the form .

Do you have proof that you paid? Your only proof is your own credit card or bank statement.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

doesn't the notice provide a means to object to the change other than trying to call? i would send back the notice with an explanation, and support if available, as to why the IRS is wrong. keep a copy of what you send and keep trying to call. sadly the IRS is receiving more calls than it has phones and agents to answer. another possibility is to try to contact a local IRS office to set up an in-person conference. again multiple attempts may be required.

Is the IRS saying you didn't pay or you owe more? How did you pay? Did you mail a check with a 1040-V voucher or use a 1040ES slip? Your only proof is your bank statement or credit card showing the payment. If the IRS changed your return how much more do you owe? A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the first 2 Stimulus payments or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts or entered them in the wrong box. Do you have an amount on line 30?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies