I have not sent my return yet. It is filled out bu...

mark101929

I have not sent my return yet. It is filled out but with no banking information yet. I get to the last page where it says Send now. Is banking info added after that page

Again I just want to know if you add the banking information after the page that says file my return now. There is a note there saying that if you send, that's it

That is entered in the FILE tab step 2 ... sending the return is step 3.  Do NOT click on the big orange TRANSMIT NOW button ... if you do then the return is sent and cannot be reversed.  

mark101929

I appreciate the help but that does not work. I owed no taxes and I have no refund so on the file page step two if you ask it to go back on that tab it only refreshes that page. I have tried this many times, used a different browser to get there but all the same. Maybe turbotax does this so your forced to pay to talk to someone. All I want is for the IRS to have my banking information and that is why I want to file. We are suppose to get the child tax credit starting in July I want to have it deposited in my account.  I'm retired and am living in the Philippines and getting checks here is risky business. The first two Covid checks were deposited in my Wells Fargo account in the US. Then I filed last years taxes with same results, did not owe, and did not get refund. So this last (3rd) Covid  check has been mailed because no banking information.

Ok ... you cannot efile a zero income return AND don't  expect the CTC advance as that may never happen AND entering in the banking info now may not work.   BUT if you want to try enter in $1 of bank interest to allow the return to efile.  

If that $1 option will not allow the entry of the DD info then say you did not get all the advance stimulus money last year ...enter in $1 less than you actually got to force a $1 refund that the IRS will refuse to send but they "MAY"  keep the DD info on file ... there are no guarantees.

The IRS may open a portal for folks to enter their DD info in later before those advance payments may happen.  Otherwise you can simply wait and get the entire credit on the 2021 return you file next year.