I have not gotten my refund in over 100 days and c...

jclf123

I have not gotten my refund in over 100 days and can not find a trace of it. Also this is my first qualifying year for a stimulus and I never got one.

please help tried many avenues ended dropping 240$ on deluxe versions of this software and have wasted every penny and gotten zero help.  In total my return and stimulus is just around $4,000 that I was relying on.
Texas Roger

Waiting and not knowing the status of your tax return and refund can be frustrating.
Unfortunately TurboTax gets no information about the status of your refund.
In normal times, the IRS says that most filers get their refunds within 21 days from the time their tax return is accepted.
Many returns are taking longer now since the IRS did not process returns for a while and there is now a big backlog of unprocessed returns.
To protect the public and employees, and in compliance with orders of local health authorities around the country, certain IRS services
such as live assistance on telephones, processing paper tax returns and responding to correspondence are extremely limited or suspended until further notice. 
They are now taking phone calls with a limited staff but it's hard to get through.

If you efiled your return, have you confirmed that the return was submitted by TurboTax and accepted by the IRS?
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If accepted, what does the IRS tracking web site say about the status of your refund?
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To log into the site, you must use only your federal refund amount and not the combined federal an state refund.

If you mailed your return, you must print and mail it yourself. TurboTax does not mail it for you. You will not be able to start tracking your return until the IRS starts processing it.

Here is an IRS Q&A with information about refunds:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

See this info about the current status of IRS operations:
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

jclf123

I printed and mailed my return in on march third.  I do not understand why others mailed later and got their returns.

First, did you file?  Sometimes customers don't actually transmit their returns, there is one more step after e-filing.  Log into your account and check your e-filing status.  If it says rejected, then your return was never filed because you need to fix an error.  If it says "ready to mail" that means you must print your returns, sign them and mail them.

Check www.irs.gov/refunds, what does it say?

Google your state tax web site and check your refund status there too.

Remember that the federal refund, state refund, and stimulus are all processed separately.  If you did not get either the state or federal refund, that suggests that you never actually filed.  That's the first thing I would check.  If you got a state refund but not federal or the other way around, that suggests that one agency is holding your return for extra examination.

@jclf123 wrote:

What does www.irs.gov/refunds say?  Go to your state tax web site and look up your status, what does it say?

Did you mail your state and federal returns in separate envelopes to separate addresses?  Did you get a tracking number when you mailed them?  Did you sign the paper forms?

If you mailed both and neither is at least "being processed", then maybe something went wrong with the mail.  

Why couldn't you e-file?