anomalisa

I have filed my taxes already. I receive alimony and I received an additional bonus since filing. Do I need to file an amendment or just file and pay it in second quarter?

WillK

You only need to file an amended return if you did not report the total alimony received in 2016 or if the bonus paid was paid in 2016 and you just now got the paperwork.

If the above two situations do not apply to you then you are all set and do not need to report the money on your 2016 taxes but will report on your 2017 taxes when you file.

WillK