1040x original amounts are wrong Why?

I have a similar problem. I e-filed my return, then made some changes when I noticed an error.  However, Turbotax didn't go into "amend mode" for some reason.  Now it thinks I received a refund on my original  return when I didn't, so it's saying that I don't need to make an amendment because nothing changed.  Is there a way I can revert to the return that I actually filed?

1040x original amounts are wrong Why?

TurboTax does not go into "amend mode" automatically.
to revert you must manually undo any changes you made..
It helps to have a paper copy of the original return you filed, which should be in your tax records in any case.

1040x original amounts are wrong Why?

I'm also confused about the Ammend Mode.  I am amending my 2017 W2.  in which Line 12W and DD were swapped.  This really played havoc with my HSA consequence. I entered Amend Mode then I made the corrections (meter was 0 to start) and I thought this would be it but then TT started asking for all my personal info again and then asked  me to go to Deductions. Doing all this other stuff also alters the meter which makes me very uneasy about this process.   When do we exit Amend mode? After only making the necessary change or complete all the Federal and Stated Prompts. Also when I attempted to save TT tied to name the file the same as the original return but I modified the name with "_Amended".  Having to reenter original data already in the original return is asking for trouble.  Please advise.

1040x original amounts are wrong Why?

I have a very similar problem.  TT puts an incorrect amount in line 15B of Form 1040X and it throws everything off.  I can't find where this number is being drawn from.  I may have to just do the amended return by hand as there seems to be NO way anymore to get help from TT.

1040x original amounts are wrong Why?

How to do your own 1040X:
You must have a copy of the original tax return you want to update.

The simplest way is to prepare your correct tax return (using TurboTax for example, or other means) and print it.
Then lay the paper printouts of both returns (correct and original) side-by-side.
You now have all the information needed to prepare Form1040X by hand.
It's pretty straight-forward.

The blank form in fillable PDF format and its instructions are available at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov">www.irs.gov</a>.
Mail to the same address you would mail your original tax return.

1040x original amounts are wrong Why?

To amend a second time, and get the proper amounts in Column A,

you must get rid of the 1040X that applies to the first time, meanwhile keeping your revised tax return as the new baseline for the second amendment.
Amend again using the revised return as the starting point. The Form 1040X should then reflect your second set of changes.

If you are using the CD/Download version, saving to a new tax return file may be helpful.

Always make paper print copies of the original or revised before starting this.

[Update: Although it all seems reasonable, I found out this doesn't work. TurboTax won't cooperate.]

1040x original amounts are wrong Why?

I need to ammed my 2018 taxes for Adaptation check