Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a prepaid card, can I get my refund sent to that card?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AdamLO

I have a prepaid card, can I get my refund sent to that card?

That depends if your card allows it.

• The first thing you should do is make sure your prepaid card is still valid and active
  • Get your card's bank account and routing number
    • You can call your card's Customer Service, or log into your online card account to verify that it's still good and get the banking numbers.
      • Be sure you have the right ones for your card because they will differ from the card number shown on the card.
  • Ask your card's Customer Service if they accept direct deposit of tax refunds from the IRS. Some cards do not while others may have a limit as to how much can be deposited from a tax refund. Customer Service will tell you, but that information may also be found on their website.
  • When the TurboTax program asks you how you want to get your Federal refund, choose "direct deposit". You will then enter the bank account and routing numbers, and select "checking" account.
  • You will also need to know and enter the name of the underlying bank that the routing and account numbers were for. If you don't know, you can ask your Customer Service. 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies