Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

izzy0299
Returning Member

I have a New Mexico Nurse’s Credit Statement that I need to file and I have no idea we’re to put it in!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

I have a New Mexico Nurse’s Credit Statement that I need to file and I have no idea we’re to put it in!!!

"Nurse's credit statement?"   Issued by whom?   Does it have a number on it ---is it some sort of 1099?   Credit for what exactly?   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
izzy0299
Returning Member

Issued by New Mexico and it’s a nurse credit

izzy0299
Returning Member

It doesn’t have a number on it, the only thing I can find is PIT-RC

Okay---so it is something to use on your NM return--- or some sort of money the state sent to you last year?   Put something up in your original post that mentions New Mexico so it will catch the attention of someone more familiar with NM returns, credits etc    Click those three little blue dots on the upper right of your first post to edit your post.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
izzy0299
Returning Member

Ok, thank you

I googled this:

https://nmna.nursingnetwork.com/nursing-news/192046-form-for-the-2022-1000-00-nm-nursing-tax-credit

izzy0299
Returning Member

Yes I have that form filled out already and signed by the hospital 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

When you go through the NM state return in TurboTax, you will be asked about the various rebates and credits the state of NM offers.    There is an option to choose the Nurse Credit; look for the screen below as you go through the state return.    

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
izzy0299
Returning Member

I have gone back to that section and it doesn’t give me an option to choose the nurse credit

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

The second screen in the New Mexico state tax return is titled Qualifications for Rebates and Credits

On that screen select I met the qualifications to claim the nurse credit.

At the screen Refundable Nurses Credit, answer the questions about the credit.

Text, letter, email

Description automatically generated

@izzy0299 

izzy0299
Returning Member

When I’m on that section it doesn’t give me an option to check I met the requirements, that’s the issue I’m having. I’m using my phone to log in, do I need to use a computer instead?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

That may help, but it is a two-part entry.    Make sure you are completing a Resident NM tax return and not a non-resident return.   

You have to check the box on the Qualifications for Rebates and Credits screen first.    And then later in the state interview, you will be allowed to enter the detail of the form you have that was signed by the hospital, but you have to check the box on the earlier screen first.  

Then later in the interview, near the end, you can enter the details on the screen shown below.   You won't be able to fill in the EIN of the hospital unless you checked the box on the screen above.  

hindsav

I am also on that page and it does not give me the option to check the box for the qualification section. It only lists the inmate portion and 2 others.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

What other 2 items are on the page @hindsav?   Do you have NM wages entered on the federal return?  And did you verify that you are filing a resident return?    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies