Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

I had to fax the it's a 1095-A and a 8962 form so how long will it be before they process my return how will I know if my return amount changes didn't have to do amended?

@anj20 You can call the IRS at (800) 829-1040.  Go here for steps to reach a live agent when you call.

Reference:  How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mlrecord59
Returning Member

I had to fax the it's a 1095-A and a 8962 form so how long will it be before they process my return how will I know if my return amount changes didn't have to do amended?

yes it does. You're a lucky one. I'm on my 6th week. Now the viruse and the phones are shut down. No change, no one to talk to and just left hanging. No work now either. So yes, it does take a long time for some. You're at their mercy.

Talk to someone and explain the letter it's sent was misplaced she gave me ah fax #an the 1040&8962 has been faxed but still in process as ck were refund status might call them and see what they because waiting several days an they got corona Stimulous on their minds seem like obstacle for tax refund whether funds sent mail wise should a filed taxes way before did in2020 

kiyaye

I also have the same issue after getting the letter from IRS.

I mailed both forms ( 8962 and 1095A),but its more than 8 weeks now. when I check the refund status it says still processing. The phone assistance is not available how can I get anyone who can help with this issuse.

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, not only is IRS phone assistance closed but so are processing centers. Therefore, anything that you have mailed to them is simply waiting until they re-open to be processed.  

Documents that were mailed are being stored securely and will be processed in the order received once normal operations resume, but it is not yet known when that may be. 

@kiyaye

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed in February.  Sent the additional paperwork 1095-A and 8962 by mail, because like many on here, that information was not on turbotax like it has been in the past. It is now January 2021 and the only response I get is "it's sitting on a desk somewhere and hasn't been opened"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies