Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mj7641

I had to fax the it's a 1095-A and a 8962 form so how long will it be before they process my return how will I know if my return amount changes didn't have to do amended?

Eight hundred eight 29 ten forty. They definitely can do more the rep pulled all my docs and apologize for the delay.

I had to fax the it's a 1095-A and a 8962 form so how long will it be before they process my return how will I know if my return amount changes didn't have to do amended?

@mj7641 thank you. I just called and the person I spoke with was not helpful at all. He actually told me that it might be another 8 weeks. Was there an extension you used that got you to that helpful person?
mj7641

Just a nice lady that really dub into my account
shaunte1v

That's the number I always call. And they always say its nothing more they can do. I did speak a really nice lady one time and she was like she wish it was more she can do. She said sorry and she was frustrated for because it's ridiculous it was taking so long. She said it was a different department tht handles it.
laddidles

@mj7641 that is the only number I’ve Ever used cause the one on the letter they are rude people to talk to

Yeah, it's unreal honestly. But this guy was brutally honest and said thousands of people are dealing with the same issue. It just sucks how some people got there's done in 4/5 weeks and some of us have gone past the 8 week mark. I think that's whats frustrating me more than anything. I wish we could take some kind of action.
laddidles

That’s the issue I’m having there is no communication, constant different answers like if it’s gonna be longer send out letters letting us know. We are expected to do all the work and then just sit back and take it like it’s not our money
mj7641

@laddidles I agree the number on the letter is a waste of time.
laddidles

Hello all called the IRS yesterday no help again, I decided to check my WMR this morning and it shows that my refund is due to be dd into my bank on the 22nd. With the original amount no adjustments were made so the last lady that I talked to was right and the most correct of my account going into code 324. Certified docs were sent and delivered so the adjustment part of my refund will come in another 8 weeks. I wish everyone the best of luck, I’m so happy this nightmare is over!
mj7641

@laddidles Congratulations!!
drex9999

Not much of an update here but thought I'd post my timelime for those still waiting. Faxed forms 1095-A and 8962 (prepared by HR Block) on March 14th after receiving the irs letter earlier that week. Called 4 weeks later and they said they have no record of receiving them and to call back at 8 weeks. Called again May 13th and they said they still don't show any record of the forms being received but she would send a referral to the right department. She took down my phone # and said I may get a call from them or the process might just be completed without a call and to keep checking WMR. She said to call back if nothing has changed in 30 days. The most frustrating part is they say there is no record of my forms but I have a confirmation receipt from my fax that says it went through just fine. They also tell me not to refax or mail the documents. Seems illogical but I guess I just follow what they say and hope for the best. I just wanted to share my experience for those in the same boat as me, I hope this provides some reassurance knowing it's not just you. I'll give another update if I see any changes.

@laddidles I'm so happy for you..what a freaking nightmare.
mj7641

Well peeps it was nice getting to know you all my wait is finally over got my transcript and DD.
drex9999

Update: I just got my direct deposit today. It took 9 weeks from the date I faxed my 1095-A and 8962. They told me they never received my documents consistently over that 9 weeks but eventually got my refund. Best of luck to everyone still in the process, just know the long wait doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem, it's just very slow this year. The best advice I can give is to make sure you call at the 8 week point and that's when the action begins, at least it seemed like that for me.
mj7641

@drex9999 awesome!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies