krazyjamie676-gm

I had to amend my 2020 tax return to add on one of my children. I received a refund this past Monday but the first two stimulus payments were not paid out to me.

fanfare

Did your 2020 tax return - as amended - call for those payments?

The 2020 stimulus payments for children had conditions.

@krazyjamie676-gm 

Provide some details.   For a 2020 return you could get the recovery rebate credit for children UNDER the age of 17.   How old were the children?  The amount for the first stimulus, or EIP, for a child under 17 was $500.   The amount of the second stimulus, or EIP, for a child under 17 was $600.    

krazyjamie676-gm

Yes, I had two other children who were originally on the non amended return for 2020. The kids dad did claim that third child in 2021 for his taxes. I don't know if that is possibly why I didn't receive the stimulus?

krazyjamie676-gm

The reason I didn't originally have him on my original return for 2020 is because his dad was going to start claiming the kids some years for taxes but he ended up going to jail the whole year of 2020. So in late 2021, I amended my return to have him, my 11 year old son,  added on. I did receive a refund but the stimulus payments were not included. Both my other kids recieved all stimulus and child tax credits.  His dad did end up claiming the 3rd child on 2021 taxes this past year.