turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DJBR

I had computer meltdown. I have paper copies of 2017 return which I need to load into 2017 software to amend

I need to get Turbotax 2017 loaded on my computer
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had computer meltdown. I have paper copies of 2017 return which I need to load into 2017 software to amend

did you do 2017 online?  if so it should be accessible to do an amended return. Amended returns must be paper-filed.

if you used desktop for 2017, contact support to see if they'll push the 2017 app to you

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time (8-8 Eastern) Monday - Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Did you use the Desktop program or the Online version?  Do you have the 2017 program to install?  

If you don't have the actual 2017 return file ending in .tax2017 then you will have to re-enter all your info and recreate your original return.  So first install the Desktop program and start a new return, go to FILE - NEW.  You can use the Forms Mode to recreate your original return. Then when it is exactly the same as what you originally filed, you go though and pretend to file it by saying you will print and mail it so it thinks you did.  

Then when each line is exactly the same as the original return you can amend it.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-return-in-the-turbotax-cd-download... 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies