Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jda8w

Wh did I received a 4883C Letter from the IRS?

Best.

I have nothing to worry about.  But it does bother me that i have to wait so long to go into the office just to be verified.
jimi3513

Has anyone been to the office? What happens
suzannesd

I filed my taxes using TT on 2/5. Received letter 4338c on 2/27 and called right away at about 6pm. I was on hold for 20 minutes. Was nervous because he asked personal questions but then he asked questions only someone who had my tax returns would know. He told me I had to wait about 9 weeks to get my refund. IRS updates Where's My Refund every night so I checked every morning for an update. Today 3/4 it said my deposit is on its way!
iceman77-eg
Returning Member

I got to go to the office I answered all my questions correctly and still was told system couldn't generate enough questions to verify my identity so why I got to go to the local tax office in15 days to verify?

The reason why I had to go in was because when I scanned in my w2 it put one number wrong. So now I'm in the process of amending them. Thanks turbo tax!!!!!

received the ltr 4883c on 2-20-18, asked me my info on 2016 with how many dependents, their ssn and dob.  How much Im getting back for 2017. Then said Im verified and it will take approx 9 weeks to receive the refund and if I dont call a 1 800 number.  Will return to let you all know how long I had to wait.

same here. called 2/20 and they told me same thing. I went through this last year as well. it took nowhere near 9 weeks. hoping the same this year.
acolema2

Same thing happened to me-- called 2/20 to verify---now just trying to be a patient and checking WMR everyday---ughhhhhh--- NEVER had this happen to me
tameica

Same
tameica

Verified 2/20 hopefully I update sat

@tameica what All questions did they ask you and have any of you seen any updates on wmr
acolema2

They asked about last year and current year tax info, dependent info too---WMR has been updated with a DDD! Thank God!
jtcurry5

I verified on the 20 as well but my WMR hasnt changed WTF i hope it changes tomorrow. Do you think it will?
malika23

It changes on Wednesdays and Saturday
My fiance and I did our verification yesterday and combined this is what they ask:

Name
Dob
SS
Address
Where u was born
Mother's maiden
Father name
Where you was born
Box 1&2 0f 2016 w2
Box 1 of 2017 w2
How much am I expecting
Where did I work 2016
Routing number
Account number
Then they put you on hold for about 5-7 minutes and come back and let u know if u passed or not....But we did and they say nine weeks but it doesn't take that long.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies