Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

What number can I call to actually talk to someone? I called the 1800- 1040 number and I just get redirected through automation. I filed on March 8th 2020. Got a letter about the 16th of March, said wait 60 days before I can contact IRS. Now it's June 2nd and still the website says still processing. How can I actually talk to a living being? 

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

I don’t understand they they keep extending the 60 day reviewing. I just got a second letter saying the need 60 days this is the second letter since I file back in March I been waiting for over 5 months for my refund. 

I got a letter in March saying I need to verify info and did that right away then they told me to wait 9 weeks for my return then called in June and they told me I had to wait 60 days. Still haven't received my taxes yet. Then called yesterday and she said it's still in review so I need to wait another 60 days from the call so seems to me like I won't even receive my taxes before I file my 2020 tax return. It's really making me upset because it seems like no one is working on the reviews on our taxes

Due to the covid situation and the stimulus checks the IRS has been overwhelmed and is behind in all things requiring a human touch. Patience will be needed by all this year. 

I filed 2/15/21 and it was accepted 2/16/21...I just got the third letter today saying an additional 60 days is needed and they debited my bank account $42 dollars but all fees where to be taken from my return...I will be calling the irs to get answers 

You have no one to call ... the IRS is way behind in processing returns and is not even answering the phones ... they sent you the 60 day letter so all you can do is wait until they get to your return.

Next the TT fees ... in the agreement/contract you had to sign in the program you agreed that if the IRS took too long they could debit your account for the TT fee.  You should have gotten at least 3 emails warning you that the debit would happen and who to call by a certain date to stop or delay the process.  So if the debit happened it is too late to undo it.  

Are93

Call the irs, keep calling. There’s a number I’ll look it up and post it for you. They did that to me and they gave me a tax advocate and I got it few days after that

Kaydo2021
Returning Member

How ling did it take to get ur federal back after u got the 60 day letter?

Kaydo2021
Returning Member

How long after u got your 60 day letter did u get paid?

I filed my taxes February 16 2021 I received first letter March 5 then another letter March 16 then in May 18 I received third letter telling me they need another 60 days at this point turbo tax withdrew 120 dollars from my bank account that was supposed to come out of return I understand them being bogged down but why is this year different from any other tax year this is crazy most of us count on this money and you can’t get anyone on the phone to help you 

ivey1998

I am having this same problem now, did you ever recieve your return? I am literally freaking out.

Nope I am going on second set of 60 days they stil haven’t processed or sent or done anything  

What do it  mean 

The 60 day letters are computer driven automatically if you are in the system for a certain amount of time and there is really nothing you can do but wait for the IRS to finally get around to processing your return.  Doubt you can even get any help this year but if you want to try ...

Only the IRS controls when and if a tax refund is Approved and Sent.

Since the season started 2 weeks later than normal millions more returns piled up in the processing pipeline   so  it is understandable that it will take a bit longer than normal  to clear the backlog of returns so patience will be needed ... check the IRS site every couple of days for a progress report :  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 and then 4 …       

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies