uwapat

I got a letter from Harris &Harris Ltd. To collect $204.96 saying I owe the state of Illinois department of revenue. I paid it already taxes I owe in 2015 by turbo tax.

Do I have to pay them?
ErinS

Hi uwapat,

Probably...  Best bet is to call the # on the letter you received to verify if payment is required and why you received it.  Sometimes calculations or qualifications change with your tax situation after filing.  The IRS will know best.  

Best,

ES

jsflower07

I also received a letter from them about state taxes, but I paid my taxes. Did you actually owe? how did you reslove your issue

@jsflower07 Your own bank/credit card record is your only proof of paying your state tax.  If you have such proof then provide that proof to the state.  But if you thought that your state tax was being paid from a federal refund, that was a mistake--that is impossible.  Most states want to be paid directly on their own tax web site or by a mailed in check or money order.