turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

uwapat

I got a letter from Harris &Harris Ltd. To collect $204.96 saying I owe the state of Illinois department of revenue. I paid it already taxes I owe in 2015 by turbo tax.

Do I have to pay them?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I got a letter from Harris &Harris Ltd. To collect $204.96 saying I owe the state of Illinois department of revenue. I paid it already taxes I owe in 2015 by turbo tax.

Hi uwapat,

Probably...  Best bet is to call the # on the letter you received to verify if payment is required and why you received it.  Sometimes calculations or qualifications change with your tax situation after filing.  The IRS will know best.  

Best,

ES

I also received a letter from them about state taxes, but I paid my taxes. Did you actually owe? how did you reslove your issue

@jsflower07 Your own bank/credit card record is your only proof of paying your state tax.  If you have such proof then provide that proof to the state.  But if you thought that your state tax was being paid from a federal refund, that was a mistake--that is impossible.  Most states want to be paid directly on their own tax web site or by a mailed in check or money order.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies