sathyamvm

I got a call saying that there was an error in the tax I filed and someone said they represent IRS and issued a refund by mistake. They are asking for the amount. Help!!

They said I should not discuss about this and they are saying all of details and return of last two years. How do i handle this?

That phone call was a SCAM.  The IRS does NOT phone or email taxpayers.

Also, see this IRS website for scam and phishing information - https://www.irs.gov/privacy-disclosure/report-phishing

sathyamvm

Thank you. I will call them definitely and discuss about this.