Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

owen567

I finalized my 2018 return on Turbotax online, I didn't file because I used the TurboTax downloaded version to file. Need the online 2018 return purged.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JulieCo

I finalized my 2018 return on Turbotax online, I didn't file because I used the TurboTax downloaded version to file. Need the online 2018 return purged.

There is a "clear and start over" feature in TurboTax online.  See the information below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

[Edited 3-25-19|2:55pm]

owen567

Does anyone actually read the questions? The return was finalized, cannot clear and start over

Yes, we are here.  The answer is how to clear the Online version which you said you didn't use since you used the Desktop program to file instead.  You said you wanted the Online version purged which is the same as clearing it.   
owen567

Right, did you read the first line -- The return was finalized.  Cannot purge using your instructions.
JulieCo

If you paid the fee and registered, TurboTax is required to keep a copy of the return on file.  See the additional information above.  

Did you pay for the Online version or register it?  Well anyway if you can't clear it just ignore it.  Nothing will happen.  You can't delete accounts.  Just remember next year to transfer from the actual filed return that's on your computer.  So if you use the online version either set up a new account or don't transfer from online.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies