Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG TO GET REFUND IF YOU HAVE AN OFFSET (If you owe past due taxes, etc.) Check Here...

thank u. I needed to see this
lisa85255

WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG TO GET REFUND IF YOU HAVE AN OFFSET (If you owe past due taxes, etc.) Check Here...

Thanks For Posting! I didn't realize that it was called an Offset- Was there a place in Turbo Tax to select that you want the past due balance deducted from your refund? Or do you just have to let it go through the system and hope they catch it?

tab52973

Most of the time they put any federal money you owe in the tops program and you have no control over the offset. The take it whether you want then to or not. Example: taxes owed,child support, student loans.
tab52973

Most people hope they DONT catch it.

What if I called the offset number and it says there is no debt for your social security number found does that mean they won’t take your federal even tho you owe student loans

I filed my taxes Feb 11th. I still have yet to get out of the accepted and processing. It is now March 1st and still no refund issued. Wtf?

When did you receive your refund

I filed my return on 4/17/16 and one month later received the notice that after the offset I still have a refund of 3000. As of today, 6/23/16, still nothing :(

Does anyone know why they will send out state refunds

You are posting on a 4 year old thread. Each state is different, so call your State and ask..

I filed on February 8,2018 and I was supposed to get my refund on the 22nd I know that I have an offset account but I don’t know when I should get the rest of my refund on my account and I’m dying here. I’m getting really stressed out

I filed on February 8,2018 and I was supposed to get my refund on the 22nd I know that I have an offset account but I don’t know when I should get the rest of my refund on my account and I’m dying here. I’m getting really stressed out

Same happened to me! I filled on Feb.7th 21 days is up and even got a letter saying how much I owe for my offset! Don't get why we can't access the where's my refund!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you let us know what you mean by not being able to access Where's my Refund?

My federal tax was 526.00 I was supposed to be getting 307.00 in earned income I owed back taxes if 586.00 will I get rest of the earned income and when cause they said that taxes was taken for tax obligation

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies