Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Angie74

I filed on February 5, 2018, and my bar on where's my refund is still on first bar. How long before it go to second bar? What is topic 152 means?

Just wanna know how come my bar hasn't went to the second bar yet?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

I filed on February 5, 2018, and my bar on where's my refund is still on first bar. How long before it go to second bar? What is topic 152 means?

Most returns are processed and refunds are sent out within 21 days after being accepted. Unfortunately, once TurboTax files your return, we don't have any control over what happens next. For more information on Tax Top 152, which is just general tax filing information, please go to https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152. For more information on tracking your refund, please review the TurboTax FAQ below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288568

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

16 Replies

I am in the same boat.... has it changed for you?
Angie74

Nope still the same

So am I... it took 18 days for the second bar to show up in my cousins
Angie74

Just got hit with a code 570 on my transcript. Stressed all the way out , this year is just crazy

File Feb 5 status still shows accepted has anyones changed
Angie74

Mines just updated from one bar, gone and my tax return is still being processed, and yesterday had a damn570 code on my transcript
bklyons30

I also filed and was accepted on Feb. 5 and it still says processing....anybody else change yet
Angie74

My bar gone. Now it says they are still processing still with tax topic 152  and amount still showing
Angie74

Yelp some on Facebook received a date for the 1 and some for the 27

Mines still say processing Im going to check in the morning if not updated I'm going to call

Im still waiting i filed on the 10th on feb

what is  code 152
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Topic 152 is basically an informational message from the IRS letting you know that they are processing your Tax Return. Once the IRS has finished processing your Tax Return successfully, they will update your status to "approved" and will add an estimated direct deposit to WMR. Turbo Tax has no control over how long it takes the IRS to process your return. The guidelines we are given is that for 9 out of 10 filers, you will get your refund within 21 days. If you claimed the EITC or ACTC then those refunds are expected to be available beginning 2/27 per the rules of the PATH act. If 21 days have passed (day 22 or later) then you can call the IRS at 800-829-1040 to have them check on your status and see what, if anything, is holding up your return. If you call any sooner, you may wait on hold for a long time to be told to call back after 21 days. The IRS does not work on first in first out so your refund date may not be the same as anyone else you know even if they had a return that is exactly the same as yours.
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Most returns are processed and refunds are sent out within 21 days after being accepted. Unfortunately, once TurboTax files your return, we don't have any control over what happens next. For more information on Tax Top 152, which is just general tax filing information, please go to https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152. For more information on tracking your refund, please review the TurboTax FAQ below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288568

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies