turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes with turbo tax, I had to pay fed taxes for last two years. I have not received my stimulus check. Will IRS have my direct deposit information? On portal I get message saying my ongor

*information does not match
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

I filed my taxes with turbo tax, I had to pay fed taxes for last two years. I have not received my stimulus check. Will IRS have my direct deposit information? On portal I get message saying my ongor

The IRS has not given TurboTax any official guidance as to when stimulus payments for every taxpayer will be released. As long as you provided your direct deposit information/card information or mailing address information, you will receive the stimulus when it is released to you (as long as you otherwise qualify for it).

Currently, the IRS Get My Payment tool is experiencing a very high volume of traffic due to the stimulus, and many people are receiving this message. Please keep checking back periodically. As long as you filed and you otherwise qualify for the stimulus, you will receive it. However, it may be via check if the IRS cannot fix the Get My Payment tool in a timely manner. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

We filed our 2020 taxes and had to pay back this year. Will our stimulus check still get direct deposit to our turbo tax card. Check the IRS website for payment and it is saying payment status not available. Does that me we will get a check by mail?

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Only the IRS knows where your stimulus checks will be deposited but we do have some guidance.

• The IRS updates its  Get My Payment tool to show taxpayers where and how EIP funds will be delivered once they have processed a payment.
  • If you are seeing a status that indicates your payment status is unavailable it means that either the IRS has not yet processed your payment OR you are not eligible for a stimulus payment.
  • You may want to check the tool regularly. The payment status is only updated once per day.

The IRS has begun distributing stimulus payments and we expect people could receive their stimulus payments as early as March 17th.  

Regarding the third stimulus, you qualify for a third stimulus check, which could get you up to $1,400 for each taxpayer in your household plus $1,400 for each dependent, if you meet the following qualifications:

• Families earning less than $150,000 a year and individuals earning less than $75,000 a year should get the full $1,400 per person.
  • Families earning up to $160,000 per year and individuals earning up to $80,000 per year will receive prorated amounts.
  • One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students. 
  • For additional information, see How will the third stimulus impact me?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies