turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kunzh

I already filed my return and elected to mail it rather than e-file. Then, I realized that I need to amend it before mailing. How do I do this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyW

I already filed my return and elected to mail it rather than e-file. Then, I realized that I need to amend it before mailing. How do I do this?

If you want make changes to a tax return that hasn't yet been filed and is showing "Ready to mail", follow the steps below:
  • Sign into your TurboTax online account
  • Go to your Tax Timeline
  • Under Some things you can do, click Add a state (You will not really be adding a state, but this will take you back to your 2016 tax return to make changes)

If you have not set it to file by mail, then you can just click Take me to my return from the main landing page to make changes to your tax return. 
nicolsons

I filed my taxes on my phone and was not given option to efile. Now I want to change and efile. How do I do this as system wont let me open my tax file 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies