I filed my taxes before the unemployment credit wa...

mikeyb64

I filed my taxes before the unemployment credit was passed what do I do now to get the money I'm owed

do I need to file a amendment?

You generally do not need to amend for Federal.

However, taxpayers would have to file an amended return if they did not originally claim the EITC or other credits, but now are eligible because the [unemployment comp] exclusion changed their income.  These taxpayers may want to review their state tax returns as well.

IRS to recalculate taxes on unemployment benefits; refunds to start in May | Internal Revenue Servic...

See these re State:

How is my state taxing unemployment income? (intuit.com)

Do I need to amend my state return to update my un... (intuit.com)

If you already filed and didn't get the 10,200 unemployment exclusion you do not need to amend.  The IRS will be adjusting it for you.  See,

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-to-recalculate-taxes-on-unemployment-benefits-refunds-to-start-in-m...