turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes and I had an error on SS#, I corrected it and when I e-filed the final the wrong number shows on the document on the Home page

I printed the copy of my taxes before I e-filed and the correct social number is correct but when I go to the home page  to review the document after it was e-filed. Its shows the incorrect social security number? What do I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I filed my taxes and I had an error on SS#, I corrected it and when I e-filed the final the wrong number shows on the document on the Home page

ALL of us are hoping and praying that TTX can fix that ridiculous software error by the end of the year...months ago would have been appropriate, but they don't seem to be able to do anything about it now...

you can download another copy of your "filed" tax return (the one you actually filed) by doing the following.

Log back into your account.

go to your 2016 "Timeline".

Select "Add a state" from the "Some things you can do" menu.  (No, you won't have to add one)

....once inside your 2016 tax file, go to the top of the screen to MyAccount and download a new copy from the "Print Center"

That should be the correct one.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

So "Download all forms and Worksheets had the correct information." But the "Download/print return PDF " shows the incorrect information. I just hope the "Download all forms and Worksheets had the correct information." is the actual documents that were sent to the IRS.

This is a glitch that should resolve itself when they archive the returns ... and the wrong # would not have been accepted by the IRS.

Correct........but it is still a major stone in my shoe..

The same thing can happen for those people who "Amend" their tax return...sometimes they have to use the same process to re-download their proper amended forms.

go to the upper left corner and click on "My TurboTax".

There is a dropdown with "My Docs" as one.....select that.

See what PDF is in there.  (do a "SaveAs" so that it doesn't overwrite your good one)
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies