Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

loganaz28

I filed my tax return last year for 2019 and received my state return but haven't received my federal return yet. Will that money rollover into my 2020 tax return?

I believe the issue with my federal tax return was the wrong social security number on my bank account. It was off by one number. I didn't catch this until about 6 months after filling and it has since been corrected. I've called the IRS 5-6 times and have been on a hold time of say.... 9-10+ hours in total. Each call I get transferred around then on the third time like clockwork they hangout. I've received no answers.
My question is, how would I go about getting my owed money?
Will it rollover when I do my 2020 taxes? Thanks!!

Edit: When I check the status of my 2019 return it says it's still being processed. This has been the case for more than 6 months. They haven't confirmed a rejection of the refund nor told me if I need to do anything.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

I filed my tax return last year for 2019 and received my state return but haven't received my federal return yet. Will that money rollover into my 2020 tax return?

No. Your refund will not rollover into your 2020 return. Did you check your refund status through the IRS at this link? If so, you will need to contact them and endure the long wait time and hang-ups. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
loganaz28

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I'll give them a call until I can get answers at this point.

Would you recommend setting an appointment with an IRS location near me?

AlanT222
Expert Alumni

If you cannot find answers to your questions online, then it may be best to seek face-to-face help.  
Call 844-545-5640 to speak to an IRS representative who can help you schedule an appointment at the taxpayer assistance center that is most convenient to where you live.      
 It is important that you plan ahead and make an appointment before you go. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies