Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my maryland 2020 tax return before the relief act was passed do I need to file an amended return to get unemployment tax back?

This was an online file already received my refund
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I filed my maryland 2020 tax return before the relief act was passed do I need to file an amended return to get unemployment tax back?

Please read this Community answer which addresses your question.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The response is for federal I need state (maryland) 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Per the State of Maryland, the updated state tax return will be ready sometime in March. Once Maryland releases their forms, TurboTax will update the software accordingly. 

Updates on the availability of Maryland state forms will be posted here when they become available. 

Furthermore, the State of Maryland released a Tax Alert on 3/11/21, which states that all individual, corporate, pass-through entity, and fiduciary income tax returns that otherwise would have been due on varying dates between January 1, 2021 and July 15, 2021, inclusive, are now due on or before July 15, 2021

Maryland Tax Alert 3/11/21

@msemsker10

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies