turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my 2017 return last week and saved it under [Name Removed]. I also completed my parents return and saved it alos as [Name removed]. Now, I don't see my return..

I transmitted my return, it was accepted, but I can't find any record of it on my computer, just my parents'.  Is there any way to retreive it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I filed my 2017 return last week and saved it under [Name Removed]. I also completed my parents return and saved it alos as [Name removed]. Now, I don't see my return..

Unfortunately, you are not going to be able to find it on your computer because you overwrote the file when you saved your parents' return using the same file name.  Thankfully, you return was already e-filed and accepted.  So, you are going to have to wait until your return is processed and your refund issued, then request a transcript (it is free) from the IRS for your 2017 tax return.

Once you have the transcript, you can re-create the tax file in TurboTax.  After you create the replacement file, make sure to save it under a different file name.  Here is the link to the IRS's transcript page ~  Get an IRS Transcript

In the future, always give your tax returns each their own unique name so it doesn't happen again.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, you are not going to be able to find it on your computer because you overwrote the file when you saved your parents' return using the same file name.  Thankfully, you return was already e-filed and accepted.  So, you are going to have to wait until your return is processed and your refund issued, then request a transcript (it is free) from the IRS for your 2017 tax return.

Once you have the transcript, you can re-create the tax file in TurboTax.  After you create the replacement file, make sure to save it under a different file name.  Here is the link to the IRS's transcript page ~  Get an IRS Transcript

In the future, always give your tax returns each their own unique name so it doesn't happen again.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies