chuckcatanese78

I filed my 2017 return last week and saved it under [Name Removed]. I also completed my parents return and saved it alos as [Name removed]. Now, I don't see my return..

I transmitted my return, it was accepted, but I can't find any record of it on my computer, just my parents'.  Is there any way to retreive it?

DawnC0

Unfortunately, you are not going to be able to find it on your computer because you overwrote the file when you saved your parents' return using the same file name.  Thankfully, you return was already e-filed and accepted.  So, you are going to have to wait until your return is processed and your refund issued, then request a transcript (it is free) from the IRS for your 2017 tax return.

Once you have the transcript, you can re-create the tax file in TurboTax.  After you create the replacement file, make sure to save it under a different file name.  Here is the link to the IRS's transcript page ~  Get an IRS Transcript

In the future, always give your tax returns each their own unique name so it doesn't happen again.  

DawnC0