crysta044

I filed January 22nd and my returns were accepted. I received my state but my federal is still processing. Why haven’t I received my return yet?

BrandiLO

Unfortunately, TurboTax cannot provide you a specific date for your refund because the IRS does not provide us with any updates after your return is accepted and goes into processing. You will need to continue tracking your refund at www.irs.gov/refunds for a direct deposit or mail date once one becomes available.

You may also call the IRS directly for an inquiry since it has been over twenty-one days since you filed. It can be hard to reach a representative so you can follow the steps below for a workaround.

Please call 800-829-1040 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time and do the following:

1. press 1 for English

listen to the recorded message

2. press 2 for answers about personal income taxes

listen to the recorded message

3. press 1 for questions about a form you already submitted

4. press 3 for all other questions

5. press 2 for all other questions

6. enter your social or EIN

confirm type (social or EIN) and confirm if the number is right by pressing 1

7. Listen to all options then it will say if you have not heard your topic please hold

8. Next, it will say if you owe money and agree with the amount press 1

You will then be transferred to a representative after a general message from the IRS (Note* if call volume is too high they will ask you to call back)

For more FAQ's regarding tracking refunds, please see: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions