mebroderick

I filed an amended Fed return because I incorrectly checked the no health insurance box. Must I send the amended form to the state if it doesnt affect my state taxes?

My Federal return assessed  a penalty for no health insurance for 2018. Since we both had insurance I filed an amended return. 

Do I need to send a copy to New Jersey even if it won't affect my state return? 

JulieR

No, if the changes reflected in the amended Federal return have no effect on the state return, you do not need send a copy to the state or file an amended state return.

JulieR