turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed an amended Fed return because I incorrectly checked the no health insurance box. Must I send the amended form to the state if it doesnt affect my state taxes?

My Federal return assessed  a penalty for no health insurance for 2018. Since we both had insurance I filed an amended return. 

Do I need to send a copy to New Jersey even if it won't affect my state return? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR
Expert Alumni

I filed an amended Fed return because I incorrectly checked the no health insurance box. Must I send the amended form to the state if it doesnt affect my state taxes?

No, if the changes reflected in the amended Federal return have no effect on the state return, you do not need send a copy to the state or file an amended state return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieR
Expert Alumni

No, if the changes reflected in the amended Federal return have no effect on the state return, you do not need send a copy to the state or file an amended state return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies