Solved: I entered my home mortgage information incorrectly, my taxes were filed less then 6 hrs ago, is it to late to change?

chelada4

I entered my home mortgage information incorrectly, my taxes were filed less then 6 hrs ago, is it to late to change?

LeeM

Unfortunately yes, you'll need to wait for your tax return to either be rejected or accepted, if it is rejected you can then change that information and resubmit it. If it is accepted, you will need to amend your return to include that information. 

Please be aware that Form 1040X will not be available to prepare in TurboTax until mid-February, but once it is available, you will be able to prepare and print your amended return so that you can mail it to the IRS. 

You can not e-file an amended return as this cannot be filed electronically.  The form is only filed on paper, so it will need to be printed and filed by mail.

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on how to amend your tax return in TurboTax.

LeeM