Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I efiled a partner LLC. It then tells me to print & mail the req'd forms. When I click Print, I get an error that it can't convert forms to PDF for printing.What do I do?

When I click the "Print Paperwork" button,I get an error that says "Your forms can not be printed. Error in converting your forms to PDS format."

How do I print the forms and how do I know which ones I need to send. And where do I send them?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
jaclaeys

I efiled a partner LLC. It then tells me to print & mail the req'd forms. When I click Print, I get an error that it can't convert forms to PDF for printing.What do I do?

I had the exact same problem.  I had exact same problem and report to support.   The work-around would be to: 

1) Select "File"

2) Select "Print"

3) Select the "All official forms required for filing" button

4) Select "Save as a PDF" button

5) Open the resulting PDF file.

6) The first page may be any additional filing instructions for your Federal Form. (This may not be there for 2019 because of the new attachment of signed Form 8453-PE).   If your form has no instructions then you're done with Federal.

7) Further into the resultant PDF, will be additional filing instructions for your state, which may or may not include mailing in your return (depending on your state). 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
jaclaeys

I had the exact same problem.  I had exact same problem and report to support.   The work-around would be to: 

1) Select "File"

2) Select "Print"

3) Select the "All official forms required for filing" button

4) Select "Save as a PDF" button

5) Open the resulting PDF file.

6) The first page may be any additional filing instructions for your Federal Form. (This may not be there for 2019 because of the new attachment of signed Form 8453-PE).   If your form has no instructions then you're done with Federal.

7) Further into the resultant PDF, will be additional filing instructions for your state, which may or may not include mailing in your return (depending on your state). 

Thanks for the update on the work around.  I'm still wondering if in need to send anything in after filing electronically. And if so what needs to be sent? Unsure
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think he is just saying to follow those instructions, read through the resulting file, and see if it mentions anything about filing additional paperwork - and if it doesn't, then you don't have anything additional to file. I didn't see anything on mine but I also don't have much experience with this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for clarification... in step (6), if the first page is not an 'additional filings' page does that imply that there are no additional forms that need to be mailed in (ignoring any state ones that may be required in this example)?

Also still wondering if I need to send anything in after efile and what do I send?
sarah5

Same PDF error and wondering the same... is there anything needing to be sent in despite the e-file? In the past, there has been.

Same problem here. IRS is fining a friend $6,000 for a missing report (no taxes due, just a missing report) from 2015. I'd really like to know if anything needs to be mailed so this doesn't happen to us.
sarah5

I wonder if TURBO TAX guarantee insurance would cover a fine like that, being as their service is not working correctly?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I don't know the answer but my mind is blown at how a tax prep software has an issue where it doesn't even tell you what forms to file...

My best takeaway is to just follow the 'recommended answer' and search through there to see if there are any "additional filing instructions". If not, then I am going to assume that there aren't any additional forms required to be sent in.

It's kind of ridiculous that this is an issue and Turbotax doesnt have an answer for it. What a joke..

I'm with you pay07.  This has apparently been a problem for a couple of years:  I found a question from 2017. This should have been fixed by now.  I did read through the instructions for Form 1065 downloaded from the IRS website and could find nothing that referenced mailing in anything after e-filing. TURBOTAX SHOULD FIX THIS.
aaviator

Having the SAME problem here in January 2020 using TT Business 2019!  Unbelievable! Come On Intuit!  This is absurd!

Same issue here with Turbo Tax Deluxe!!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please clarify what type of return you are filing and which state?

@Journeyman488

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies