I don't see one of my state tax returns that I need to print and mail in. I only see the Turbo Tax cover sheet

It says: Your District of Columbia state tax return (Form D-40B) shows no balance due or refund amount and Your tax return The official return for mailing is included in this printout. Remember to sign and date the return. Attach copies of all W-2s and 1099s to your return, however there is no form attached and I have to mail in this form.

Actually you don't.  A Washington DC nonresident is not taxed in DC.  The D-40B is a nonresident request for a refund and is only used when DC tax has been mistakenly withheld.  Otherwise, a DC nonresident does not have to file a DC return.  You are not taxed there.

So do I need to just mail the cover letter and w-2s to the address listed?

No, you don't need to mail anything to DC at all.  You don't have to file there.

I had the same situation. Will turbo tax give me a refund for the $45 they charged me for a state I didn't need to file for?

Folks -- any guidance ^?